Wall mounted kitchen cabinets are a perfect way to add storage space to your kitchen without taking up valuable floor space. They not only provide additional storage space, but they also add a decorative element to your kitchen. In this article, we'll show you the steps involved in installing wall mounted kitchen cabinets.
Tools You'll Need:
- Drill or screwdriver
- Measuring tape
- Stud finder
- Anchors (if needed)
1. Choose the right height: The first step in installing wall mounted kitchen cabinets is to decide on the right height for the cabinets. The standard height for upper cabinets is 54 inches from the floor, but this can vary depending on your height and the height of your ceiling.
2. Find the studs: It's important to find the studs in your wall before installing the cabinets. You can use a stud finder to locate them. Once you've found the studs, mark their location on the wall with a pencil.
3. Measure the space: Measure the space where you want to install your cabinets. This will help you determine the size of the cabinets you'll need.
4. Mark the cabinet location: Use a pencil to mark the location where you want to install the cabinets. Use a level to ensure that the marks are straight.
5. Install cabinet screws: Using the drill or screwdriver, install cabinet screws into the studs where you've marked the location of the cabinets. Be sure to use screws that are long enough to go through the drywall and into the studs.
6. Hang the cabinets: Once the cabinet screws are in place, hang the cabinets on the screws. Make sure that the cabinets are level before securing them in place.
7. Secure the cabinets: Screw the back of the cabinets into the wall studs using the drill or screwdriver. This will help ensure that the cabinets are secure and won't fall off the wall.
8. Install cabinet doors: Install the cabinet doors according to the manufacturer's instructions. Be sure to check that they are level before tightening the screws.
9. Add finishing touches: Once the cabinets are installed, you can add finishing touches like knobs or handles. This will not only make your cabinets look nicer, but they will also make them easier to use.
Installing wall mounted kitchen cabinets is a great way to add additional storage space to your kitchen. The process is fairly simple and can be done in just a few easy steps. With a little bit of planning, measuring, and some basic tools, you can have beautiful new cabinets in no time!