A network cable tester is an essential tool for any network technician, IT professional, or DIY enthusiast who needs to diagnose and troubleshoot network connectivity issues. It helps to determine if network cables are working correctly and identify any faults in the cable infrastructure.
There are various types of network cable testers available in the market, ranging from simple continuity testers to full-featured cable certification tools. So, what is the best network cable tester?
The answer to this question depends on your specific needs and budget. However, there are some features that you should look for in a good cable tester:
1. Cable Type Support: The tester must support the type of cable you are working with, such as Cat5e, Cat6, or fiber-optic cables.
2. Test Functions: A cable tester should offer multiple test functions, including continuity testing, wire mapping, length measurement, and signal testing.
3. Accuracy: The tester should provide accurate results to ensure that your network cables are working correctly.
4. Versatility: A good cable tester must be versatile enough to adapt to different testing scenarios and cable types.
5. Durability: The tester should be rugged and durable to last long and withstand the wear and tear of regular use.
Based on these factors, we recommend the Fluke Networks MS2-100 MicroScanner2 Cable Verifier as the best network cable tester in the market. Here’s why:
The Fluke Networks MS2-100 is a versatile cable tester that supports almost all types of cables, including Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6, and fiber-optic cables. It has multiple test functions such as wire mapping, PoE detection, cable length measurement, and signal testing. The tool also has a large backlit LCD screen that displays results clearly and enables easy reading in low-light conditions.
One of the unique features of the Fluke Networks MS2-100 is its IntelliTone technology that sends a signal down the cable to identify which wire is being tested accurately. The tester also has a built-in toner and probe to locate cable runs and make it easy to trace cables.
The Fluke Networks MS2-100 is also very durable and user-friendly, designed to withstand the harsh environments of fieldwork. The tool’s rubber holster provides extra protection and a secure grip, while the rechargeable lithium-ion battery ensures extended usage time.
In conclusion, when looking for the best network cable tester, consider the Fluke Networks MS2-100 MicroScanner2 Cable Verifier. It's versatile, accurate, durable, and suitable for all kinds of network infrastructure, making it the perfect tool for any network technician.